Dear Trinity family,
Thank you for your considerable support in ending the 2019/2020 school year. It will be a year we all remember for our lifetime.
If you still have items to return to school, the office is open on Wednesdays from 9a-1p, June 24 and July 1. The office hours will expand starting on July 6. We will be open daily from 8:20a-12:30p.
An Update Regarding the 2020/2021 School Year
Trinity’s leadership is in the process of putting together a more detailed plan that I will share on June 30 but I do want to share some insight on the direction we are moving in currently.
- Trinity will be following the guidelines laid out by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) titled, Ready Schools / Safe Learners. Non-public schools must respond to all of the requirements in sections 1-3 only. This document will be updated two more times this summer, and we will respond accordingly. What I share with you going forward abides by the current document 1.0.0.
- We are building a plan to provide for all-day, everyday instruction for Trinity students starting August 31 for grade 9 and all-new HS students. On September 1, we will welcome our students in grades K through grade 12. On September 8, our Preschool and Junior Kindergarten students will be starting their year. All Day / Every Day is possible on our campus and we are making the investment to provide for our students to be on campus in a safe environment.
- We will also be prepared to easily slide into distance learning if that is a requirement at any time throughout the year. Our students in grades KDG – grade 2 will be supplied with an iPad that can be taken home if we can’t be at school together. Students in grades 3-5 will be supplied with a Chromebook computer. Grade 6-12 students will continue with the current school computer program.
- Along with the implementation of new technology devices, we are establishing one consistent and comprehensive plan for our communication and learning platforms at all grade levels. This will include training and resources for students and parents.
- This summer we are deep cleaning our buildings, providing new LED lighting inside and outside, and upgrading our internet service to 1GB Fiber Optic. We are excited about many updates and upgrades to improve our learning program whether we are at school or online.
We know all our families have many questions and we welcome them, with the intention of proving as many answers as possible at this time. As stated before, a more detailed and specific communication plan will be sent to all families on or by June 30 with updates by July 22 and again in August as needed.
We look forward to serving you and your child(ren) this coming school year. As always, thank you for your prayers, patience, and support as we navigate the logistics to provide an excellent educational experience in a place where the love of Christ is shared freely and openly.
Executive Director / Head of Schools